Part-Time, Freelance (Virtual/New York City)
Brooklyn Resume Studio is looking for an experienced resume writer to join our Brooklyn-based team!
We specialize in impactful, expertly branded content for resumes, LinkedIn profiles, cover letters, follow up communications, professional bios, and other digital profiles. Our audience includes job seekers across multiple levels and industries, with a heavy focus on career transition. This role is responsible for owning, managing, and executing client projects from start to finish – including taking client calls, setting expectations, following up, and delivering top quality work representative of the Brooklyn Resume Studio brand.
This is a remote, freelance role requiring a minimum of 10-12 hours per week during regular business hours.
- Conduct scheduled intake calls with new clients and set expectations for timeline, quality, process/revisions, and communications.
- Write, edit, and deliver documents using BRS design templates and style guide. Includes resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn profiles, professional bios, follow up communications, and other job search marketing tools.
- Respond to client inquiries and set expectations for feedback and revisions process.
- Set schedule for deliverables using Google calendar and team scheduling software.
- Maintain client information in the CRM database to track all correspondence, product deliveries, and feedback.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on current trends related to hiring, job search, personal branding, resumes, and other, relevant technologies.
- Provide clients with recommendations and job search best practices to ensure optimal success and return on investment from their BRS documents.
- Encourage repeat and referral business through excellence in customer service.
- Participate in and provide updates during bi-weekly team meetings.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of experience writing and editing resumes for all levels of candidates; experience working with talent in the fashion, creative, startup, and marketing/advertising fields required.
- Excellent writing skills demonstrated through the ability to tell a story in a clear, professional, direct, and narrative tone.
- Experience hiring and recruiting within the New York City market a plus.
- Strong knowledge around job search strategies, tools, and interviewing best practices.
- Strong client management skills and ability to cultivate relationships with talent.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word.
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing, established company with a very strong brand identity, methodology, and approach to working with clients.
- Flexibility to work remotely and set your own working hours.
- Access to administrative support.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and at least 3-5 relevant writing samples to email@example.com. Local candidates (greater New York City area) only.