Part-Time, Employee (Remote)
Brooklyn Resume Studio is looking for a dedicated Administrative Coordinator to join our team and help support a growing portfolio of regional and global clients. We are a creative, women-owned business that values diversity, flexibility, and team-based culture. This is a remote, part-time employment position (20-25 hours/week with potential to grow). This is not a contract role (no VA companies please). Training on internal systems and processes provided.
The Coordinator is responsible for managing the day-to-day administrative affairs of the BRS Client Team and Managing Director. The person in this role owns key administrative and operational functions across data management and reporting, client communications, billing and invoicing, online research, and basic marketing support. Primary responsibilities include:
- Review and log inquiries from new and prospective customers in the CRM system.
- Assist with LinkedIn profile development by inputting client information into live profiles.
- Review team CRM entries and client profiles for accuracy and completion.
- Manage and populate various spreadsheets for reporting.
Client / Prospect Communications
- Maintain ownership of the company inbox by reviewing, responding to, recording, and filing inquiries from new and prospective customers several times daily.
- Draft and send new client onboarding and introductory emails upon sign-up.
- Review and escalate sales emails to the appropriate team member.
- Respond to client inquiries and scheduling requests in a timely manner.
- Prepare and distribute email blasts and reactivation campaigns to solicit feedback, reviews, and notify customers of upcoming opportunities.
Billing & Invoicing
- Create, schedule, and follow up on customer invoices using PayPal.
- Enter transactions and financial data into the CRM system for reporting.
- Handle purchasing and subscription renewals for software and other services.
Writing, Research & Reporting
- Review, format, and proofread client communications and documents, including email correspondences, project drafts, and other client-facing deliverables.
- Assist with pre-scheduling daily/weekly social media posts, and researching relevant content for distribution across BRS Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter accounts.
- Run monthly/annual sales reports for distribution to Managing Director and team.
- Assist the Managing Director with daily administrative tasks and special projects as needed (research, scheduling, purchasing, communications, light editing, email blasts).
- At least 5 years of recent administrative experience in a corporate or small business environment.
- College degree preferred, but applicable experience will be considered.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be flexible with changing business needs in a remote, deadline-driven environment. This role manages tasks assigned by multiple team members and must be able to prioritize effectively in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and proofreading skills (Note: This is not a writing position but may involve light editing and formatting work in MS Word).
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word (formatting, tables, text blocks) and Excel.
- Familiarity working with CRM, databases, and scheduling software.
- Knowledge of social media and email marketing tools (Hootsuite, Edgar, MailChimp) a plus.
- Exceptional attention to detail required.
- Must be available at least 20 hours per week during East Coast business hours.
- Must reside – and be eligible for employment – within the continental US. No VA services please. (W2 Only)
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Potential for performance-based / holiday bonus
Please submit resume, cover letter, and availability to email@example.com.
Part-Time, Freelance (Virtual/New York City)
Brooklyn Resume Studio is looking for an experienced resume writer to join our Brooklyn-based team!
We specialize in impactful, expertly branded content for resumes, LinkedIn profiles, cover letters, follow up communications, professional bios, and other digital profiles. Our audience includes job seekers across multiple levels and industries, with a heavy focus on career transition. This role is responsible for owning, managing, and executing client projects from start to finish – including taking client calls, setting expectations, following up, and delivering top quality work representative of the Brooklyn Resume Studio brand.
This is a remote, freelance role requiring a minimum of 10-12 hours per week during regular business hours.
- Conduct scheduled intake calls with new clients and set expectations for timeline, quality, process/revisions, and communications.
- Write, edit, and deliver documents using BRS design templates and style guide. Includes resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn profiles, professional bios, follow up communications, and other job search marketing tools.
- Respond to client inquiries and set expectations for feedback and revisions process.
- Set schedule for deliverables using Google calendar and team scheduling software.
- Maintain client information in the CRM database to track all correspondence, product deliveries, and feedback.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on current trends related to hiring, job search, personal branding, resumes, and other, relevant technologies.
- Provide clients with recommendations and job search best practices to ensure optimal success and return on investment from their BRS documents.
- Encourage repeat and referral business through excellence in customer service.
- Participate in and provide updates during bi-weekly team meetings.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of experience writing and editing resumes for all levels of candidates; experience working with talent in the fashion, creative, startup, and marketing/advertising fields required.
- Excellent writing skills demonstrated through the ability to tell a story in a clear, professional, direct, and narrative tone.
- Experience hiring and recruiting within the New York City market a plus.
- Strong knowledge around job search strategies, tools, and interviewing best practices.
- Strong client management skills and ability to cultivate relationships with talent.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word.
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing, established company with a very strong brand identity, methodology, and approach to working with clients.
- Flexibility to work remotely and set your own working hours.
- Access to administrative support.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and at least 3-5 relevant writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.